Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Spring

It’s been a crazy year of organization at Panache!  When I first started this blog back in October 2010, I had just come back from my honeymoon and then before I knew it the Holiday Season was upon us, and well, I decided to spend some well needed time with family and friends.  But at the beginning of 2011 – I decided to put Panache first – and I haven’t looked back!

Let me back up a bit and introduce myself.  I am La Toya M. Jackson-Wilson and I am the Owner and Creative Director of Panache Interiors & Events.  I have been designing both interiors and events for years – just not on the “formal” side (smile).  Typically, it used to start off with a friend calling to ask me a design question about something that they were thinking about doing in their home or for my opinion of a wedding theme – or of a theme they came up with for a party that they were going to have and somehow during the course of these conversations, it would end up turning into a La Toya Michelle production.  These events planted a seed in my mind and for a long time I contemplated going into business to combine the two things that I am most passionate about – interior design and wedding and event design and planning. I completed an advanced degree in interior design thinking that would help calm my nerves, and although that experience gave me a wonderful foundation and skills that I can definitely use for both disciplines, the bottom line for me was that after being in the legal field for the past 13 years, I was scared to take that leap of faith.  Creative fields can be so challenging – you have to have a thick skin because rejection (or complete silence from no return call at all) is common, and you have to be able to pick your self up and move on.  This can be so difficult though when, as a designer, you are already your worse critic anyway.  But to succeed in this business you have to be able to put it behind you.

Now – after a lot of soul searching, prayer, and with the support of my family, friends, and especially my hubby who is my biggest fan and cheerleader, I was ready to take that step on faith this year and follow my passion.  My design philosophy is simple – you don't have to be rich to have a beautifully designed home or a fabulous wedding or event.  You want an Architectural Digest home?? How about a Platinum Wedding??  Trust me, a little imagination and creativity can get you pretty close!  I'm here to help my clients achieve what they can dream when it comes to their home or event.  I am so excited to finally launch my own business and I am hoping that you will support me, too!  I still can’t leave my day job just yet, but it is so gratifying to be able to clock out of one job and clock into another that I am so truly passionate about.  I can't begin to describe how happy that makes me, and I can’t wait to see where this journey that I am on takes me :o)

And now with that said - let's take a look at some Architectural Digest homes and get inspired.....

All photos courtesy of Architectural Digest.com

Neutral palettes will always defy trends!  Regardless of when you put your rooms together a neutral palette seldom appears dated.


In this case - having a fantastic view doesn't hurt either :o)


More neutrals!!





If you can, try adding an outdoor space to your home - it helps to increase the value of your home and will give you an extension room as well!


This bedroom is all about STORAGE!!!


You can't get more simple than these rooms!



I can't even begin to imagine the budgets for these rooms....  But again, remember, you don't have to be rich to create a room in your home that can rival these interiors.  With a paintbrush, a little creativity, and a keen eye for shopping you can have your very own Architectual Digest home.....

La Toya Michelle

You are only limited by your own imagination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment