Friday, April 15, 2011

Becoming a Professional

When I began to seriously think about becoming a wedding planner, the first thing I did was to join the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC).  ABC has been the “PLATINUM STANDARD” organization for wedding professionals since 1955, boasting over 4,000 members in 26 countries.  In addition to being the top wedding professional’s organization, ABC also has the most comprehensive and thorough training course on the market today.  After completing their rigorous course, of which I was a Distinguished Graduate, I am even more confident that I will be able to plan your wedding or next event ensuring that things go as smoothly as possible!  ABC has different designations for their members based on the members’ experience as it relates to ABC’s point system.  It took me a mere two months to level up from a Novice to a Consultant member, and now I am hot on the heels of my next goal – Profession Bridal Consultant member.  I’m happy to say that – even with the inclusion of a lot of time off for my own wedding and the Holidays – I’m  close to reaching this goal after only a little more than a year in the organization! 

To ensure that you get the best services possible, always look for this logo from your wedding or event vendors.  If you see it, then rest assured that you are working with a trained professional.


La Toya Michelle

You are only limited by your own imagination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment